What information we get about you and when:
- If you leave a comment, we get your name and email address. Your IP is logged to the server. If you don’t want these things to be tracked, yet you still want to leave a comment, we encourage you to use a pseudonym, a masked email address, and a VPN.
- If you make a purchase, we receive your name, email, and shipping address. This data is stored securely by our payment processors. We use PayPal and Stripe. By making a purchase, your data information is also subject to the terms of their privacy policies and practices.
- If you sign up for the email list, we receive your name, email address, and your IP address. Again, if you don’t want to be tracked, use a pseudonym, a masked email, and a VPN.
What we do with your information:
Information related to a purchase is used to fulfill your purchase. Information related to leaving a comment or joining our email list is to allow for comment-based discussions, and to send you emails.
We do not aggregate this information in any other database than the one being used to run this website. We do not sell your information, nor do we give it away to anybody. Your information does not belong to us just because you submitted it here.
What about Facebook?
We do not have a Facebook pixel, so your time here on the site is not sent back to Facebook from us. That said, Facebook may be able to see what you’re doing if you’re logged into Facebook in the same browser, but they can’t get this information from us. We will not serve you with retargeting ads on Facebook or any other platform. We do not allow Login with Facebook.
What about analytics?
We currently use Google Analytics until we find another service that’s just as accurate. We use analytics to spot trends on our site and among our visitors. This data is anonymous, and we do not (and cannot) use it to serve you ads.
What if there’s a data breach?
There’s only a couple ways that could happen:
- Someone hacks into this website. If so, all they can get is your name, email address, and IP address. This is why we recommend you use a masked email and masked VPN like you should do for the rest of the internet. If this happens, we will notify you as soon as we are made aware of it.
- Someone hacks into PayPal or Stripe. In this case, you have to talk to PayPal or Stripe as their data policies cover those breaches. If this happens, we will notify you as soon as we are made aware of it.
Yes, we will delete you.
If you do not want your information to be stored any longer, we’re happy to delete it. Send an email to email@example.com with the information you want deleted. All emails sent to ysmay.com are encrypted.